Dr. Mirakhur is a specialist in vascular and interventional radiology. After completing medical school at University of Saskatchewan, he moved to Calgary for radiology residency, where he also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Mirakhur then moved to California to complete sub-specialty fellowship training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at UCLA. In 2016, he returned to Calgary, joining Mayfair Diagnostics as an interventional radiologist.
Dr. Mirakhur is dual board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Board of Radiology. He currently serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor at University of Calgary with active privileges at Peter Lougheed Centre, Rockyview General Hospital, and South Health Campus.
Dr. Mirakhur's primary goal is to provide the highest quality of care for his patients, with a focus on arterial and venous disease therapeutics, prostate and uterine artery embolization, portal hypertension interventions, and vascular malformations. His research interests are primarily clinical, and currently involve prostate embolization, iliofemoral DVT interventions, critical limb ischemia, and visceral aneurysm treatment. He has authored multiple publications in medical journals and presented at national and international meetings.
- Interventional Radiology
- Vascular Imaging
- Fellowship, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of California, Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, 2016
- Radiology Residency, University of Calgary, Cumming School of Medicine, Calgary, Alberta, 2015
- Medical Degree (MD), University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, 2010
- Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology (DABR), 2016
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC), 2015
- National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) – USMLE, 2011
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC), 2011
- Alberta Medical Association
- Canadian Interventional Radiology Association
- Canadian Medical Association
- Radiological Society of North America
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Society of Interventional Radiology