Introducing Reserved Exam Times for Vulnerable Patients
During this challenging time, Mayfair remains open and committed to your imaging needs and safety. We’ve instituted a number of changes to help keep our patients, employees, and the community as safe as possible. We offer reserved exam times (including walk-in X-ray) for vulnerable patients at all our clinics that remain open during the pandemic, except for our South Calgary Health X-ray only location.
Vulnerable patient exam times:
- Castleridge, Mayfair Place and The CORE – 7:30 to 9 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams including walk-in X-ray)
- Sunpark – 7:30 to 9 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams except X-ray)
- Market Mall, Mahogany, Riley Park and Westbrook – 8 to 9:30 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams including walk-in X-ray)
- Southcentre – 8 to 9:30 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams except X-ray)
- Crowfoot – 8 to 10 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams including walk-in X-ray)
- Regina – 7:30 to 10 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams including walk-in X-ray)
These times will enable COVID-19 vulnerable patients, who still require imaging, to receive services during a period where they can feel more confident that we are doing all that we can to help protect them. During the specified times, Mayfair clinics will only perform walk-in X-rays for vulnerable patients. Walk-in X-ray for all other patients will be closed, during this timeframe.
There is no need for vulnerable patients to book X-ray appointments. If you are a vulnerable patient and cannot arrive during the designated timeframe, we can still accommodate you with an appointment or walk-in X-ray at another time during clinic hours. Vulnerable patients are at no time limited to X-rays, or other exams, during the hours we have specifically designated for them. Our precaution protocols will ensure they are safely imaged at our clinics at any time during operating hours.
Our Customer Contact Centre will also be screening patients at the time of booking. Priority will be given to our vulnerable patient population for appointments during the designated times above.
WHO ARE VULNERABLE PATIENTS?
We have identified a number of criteria that would make a patient vulnerable to exposure to COVID-19. If you have one or more of the following criteria, you might benefit from our designated vulnerable patient hours:
- Age 70 or greater
- Active cancer
- Cardiovascular disease (ischemic heart disease, angina, heart attack, stroke, atrial fibrillation, cardiac stent, heart bypass)
- Chronic kidney disease (renal failure or dialysis)
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic respiratory disease (asthma, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis)
- Immunocompromised (active chemotherapy, active radiation therapy, long-term steroid therapy, use of immunosuppressive drugs/biologics for conditions such as post-transplant, erosive arthritis/psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease)
WHAT OTHER SAFETY MEASURES HAS MAYFAIR INSTITUTED?
At Mayfair, we have put in place comprehensive infection control processes at all our clinics for the safety of our patients, and you will still receive the same high-quality service at your appointment. Our protocols have been introduced to limit the spread of the virus in accordance with the most recent public health recommendations.
We ask that if you are unwell prior to your appointment, please email us with details of your booking to cancel. You will receive an email from Mayfair confirming your cancellation. Alternatively, you can call 1-866-611-2665 to speak with a member of our booking team.
Appointments can be rebooked 24 hours after your symptoms disappear or 10 days after self-isolation begins, whichever is later.
Patients are required to wear surgical-type masks at all times while in our clinics to minimize the potential spread of infection from someone who is infected, and for those who may have COVID-19 before they experience symptoms themselves. If the mask you are wearing when you arrive for your appointment is not a surgical mask, we will provide you with one.
When checking in, you will be asked a number of screening questions about any cold or flu-like symptoms and risk of exposure to COVID-19.
We maintain safe social distancing within our clinics, providing an option for patients to wait outside the clinic after they have checked in for their appointment. We also have isolation areas for patients with symptoms and/or risks of exposure. If you are wearing a surgical-type mask, please maintain a physical distance of at least one metre from others while in the clinic. We are limiting admittance of individuals to our clinics and ask that only the patient attend the appointment. The waiting rooms during this time are for patients only, with the following exceptions:
- If you have mobility issues, your companion will be allowed to accompany you during the registration process. They will then be required to leave the clinic and wait for you outside the clinic, until after the exam is complete.
- If you are having an obstetrical exam performed, one other person may accompany you only if they are not experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 and do not answer yes to the other screening questions.
Mayfair is actively monitoring information from the Public Health Agency of Canada, provincial governments, Alberta Health Services and the Saskatchewan Health Authority, and will continue to do so. Please give us a call at 1-866-611-2665 if you have any questions.