Mayfair Privacy Charter
SCOPE OF POLICIES
- Mayfair physicians, employees, students, observers, and contracted service providers.
- Health information, in whatever form or medium (paper, digital, audio-visual, graphic) created or received in the course of carrying out Mayfair functions and activities.
- All facilities, networks and equipment required to collect, manipulate, transport, transmit, or keep health information under the custody or control of Mayfair.
At Mayfair, the privacy of clients is a fundamental part of its health services. The following principles reflect the essential goals of both relevant privacy legislation and Mayfair’s commitment to providing effective and safe health services.
- Limited Collection, Use, and Disclosure: Mayfair collects, uses, and discloses the least amount of health information with the highest degree of anonymity required to support health services provided within the circle of care or other specific authorized purposes.
- Individual Consent: Mayfair will not collect, use, or disclose health information unless the individual who is the subject of the information has provided either implied or explicit consent, unless authorized or required by law.
- Identifying Purposes: When collecting health information about an individual, Mayfair informs the individual of the purpose and legal authority under which the information is collected, and the title and business contact information of a Mayfair resource who can answer questions about the collection.
- Information Accuracy: Mayfair makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the health information that they collect, use, and disclose is accurate and complete.
- Right of Access and Correction: Individuals have a right of access to all health information about themselves that is in the custody or control of Mayfair, subject to limited and specific exceptions. Individuals who believe there is an error or omission in their health information have a right to request to correct or amend the information.
- Information Security: Mayfair implements physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect against the unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, or loss of health information under their custody and control.
- Openness and Accountability: Information about how Mayfair collects, uses, discloses, and protects health information is open to the public, subject to limited and specific exceptions. A designated official is made readily available to provide this information and answer questions from the public about Mayfair’s privacy and security policies, practices, and services.
- Right to Review: Individuals have the right to request that the designated regulatory office review access, privacy, and correction decisions and information handling and security practices of Mayfair.
- Training and Resources: Mayfair affiliates are trained and provided with resources to ensure they are able to perform their roles in accordance with Mayfair policy.
- Sanctions for Violation of Policy: A Mayfair affiliate who has violated Mayfair information privacy and security policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or contract and may also be subject to prosecution for the contravention of law.
- AB Authorizing a Representative
- AB Request to Access Health Information
- AB Request to Correct or Amend Health Information
- SK Authorizing a Representative
- SK Request to Access Health Information
- SK Request to Correct or Amend Health Information
- Alberta’s Health Information Act (HIA)
- Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA)
- Federal: The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
- Office of the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Saskatchewan’s Health Information Protection Act (HIPA)
We are committed to protecting your personal healthcare information. This Policy is in accordance with the Alberta Health Information Act (“HIA”). The information appearing on our website (the “Site”) is to facilitate the booking of appointments at our facilities, and is not intended in any way to provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment plans.
Before using this Site, please read the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy contained on this Site.
Under the HIA, we are a “Custodian” of health information and are required to regulate the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal health information. In addition, any third party service provider who assists us in such collection, use, and disclosure must also comply with the HIA.
Mayfair has appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible for ensuring the implementation of our policies in compliance with theHIA. Should you have any questions regarding these policies, you can reach our Privacy Officer at:
Privacy Officer, Mayfair
Suite 132, 6707 Elbow Drive SW
If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you may contact The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at:
410, 9925 – 109 Street
Toll-free: 310.0000 then ask for 422.6860
By accessing and using our “Request an Appointment” services on this Site, you will have provided your implied consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal health information in accordance with this Policy, for the purpose of scheduling diagnostic exams.
3. Collection of Personal Information
We collect only the necessary health information from you to facilitate the scheduling of diagnostic exams. When using the “Request an Appointment” page on our Site, you will be asked to provide your first and last name, your date of birth, the diagnostic exam required, your preferred location for such exam, a primary and secondary telephone number and your e-mail address.
4. Use of Personal Information
Your information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than requesting an appointment through the Site. We will use your personal information to schedule a diagnostic exam at your preferred location (when possible) and to contact you to confirm this appointment. We may also use your personal information for our internal management requirements such as the planning and allocating of our resources, and the quality improvement of this Site.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
All information provided by you is transmitted by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and encrypted into our database, and only accessed by individuals with administrative rights to our system. Those individuals are required to keep your information confidential.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal health information is protected against theft, loss, and unauthorized access, use or disclosure and will inform you of any unauthorized access of your personal health information.
Mayfair does not sell or trade to outside parties any of your personal health information. We will however transfer your personal health information to our trusted third parties, who assist us in operating our Site, or conduct our business, so long as those third parties have agreed to keep this information confidential. In addition, we may release your personal health information to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety.
7. Access and Accuracy of Personal Health Information
Under HIA, you have a right to request access to your personal health information held by a Custodian. The HIA also allows you to request correction of errors or omissions of your personal health information. For further information regarding your access and the accuracy of your personal health information please contact our Privacy Officer.
Terms and Conditions of Use Policy
Welcome to the Mayfair (“Mayfair”), Radiology Consultants Associated (“Mayfair”) website and online booking services (“Mayfair Site” or “Site”). This policy is intended to cover the uses for the Mayfair Site although additional conditions, restrictions, and privacy policies may apply.
“We” or “Us” refer to Mayfair and Mayfair.
Health Care Disclaimer
The booking services offered on the Mayfair Site provide you with a convenient method of requesting a particular diagnostic service. Nothing in the content or services should be considered, or used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This Site and its services do not constitute the practice of any medical, nursing, or other professional health care advice, diagnosis or treatment, including your specific medical needs. None of the services offered through this Site represents or warrants that any particular service is safe or appropriate for you. We advise users to always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care practitioner with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Use
In addition to the above Health Care Disclaimer, the use of this Site is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. We may modify these terms and conditions at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting the modified terms and conditions on this Site. You agree to review this agreement periodically to be aware of such modifications, and your accessing or using the services of this Site, constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as it appears at the time of your access or use.
You agree that you will not:
- use this Site for any purpose in violation of local, provincial, federal or international laws; or
- attempt to disable, “hack” or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this Site.
As a user of this Site, you are granted a limited license to make use of information provided, in whole or in part, for personal, non-commercial use only provided that:
- Copyright notices are retained;
- Mayfair or Mayfair is acknowledged as the source of the information (citing the URL of the source and the date the information was downloaded, excerpted or copied);
- The information is not misrepresented or modified; and
- A notation is made of this limited license.
Information provided on this Site is believed to be reliable when posted but we do not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness, or timelines of the information. We assume no obligation to update this information on this Site, or to provide notice of any further updates.
Access and information to this Site is provided on an “as is” basis. Information provided on this Site may contain typographical errors. You should not assume that this Site is error-free or that the Site operates without interruption.
References to third party information, products, or services are not an express or implied endorsement by us, and we make no representations or warranty about such third party information, products, or services.
Mayfair disclaims all warranties, representations and conditions regarding use of this Site or the information provided on the Site, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and whether express or implied, or arising from a course of dealing, usage or trade practice.
Mayfair is not responsible for any content or information that you may find undesirable, inappropriate, or objectionable.
Security of the Internet
Information submitted using the form of booking services provided on this Site is sent securely using a technology called secure socket layer (SSL) with 128 bit encryption, a standard for sending information securely over the Internet. The information is stored securely once Mayfair receives it.
Mayfair does not systematically collect information about the identity of online visitors to this Site. We sometimes collect or authorize a third party service provided to collect anonymous information from visits to our Site to help us provide better customer services. For example, tools keep track of the domains from which people visit our Site, and aggregated statistical data helps measure visitor activity on this Site – but we do it in a way that keeps information anonymous. We collect this information for statistical purposes and for evaluating our Site to make it more useful to visitors.
Cookies & Web Beacons
This Site uses “cookie” technology to track how visitors use this Site, and to obtain non-personal information about its online visitors. In order to visit and explore this Site you need to allow your computer to accept “cookies.”
“Web beacons” is another technology used by many websites. We do not use web beacons.
While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on this Site does not contain computer viruses or other malicious code, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of your information contained on your computer system.
Links and Third Parties
In providing links to other websites, we are in no way acting as a publisher or disseminators or the material contained on those other websites and do not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial contract over such websites.
A link to another website should not be construed to mean the we are affiliated or associated with, or legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may reflect in the link or the description of the link to those other websites.
Certain words, phrases, names, designs, or logos used on this Site may constitute trademarks, service marks, or trade names of Mayfair, or other entities, and displaying those marks or names on this Site does not imply that a license has been granted by Mayfair or by the other entities.
Jurisdiction and Interpretation
If any dispute arises in relation to your use of this Site, such dispute shall be governed by the laws of Alberta. Your use of this Site confirms your agreement to attorn to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Alberta.
You agree that you will indemnify us against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any actions taken by you on the Site.
Limitations of Liability
The use of this Site is entirely at your own risk, and in no event shall Mayfair or Mayfair be liable for an direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or any other monetary or other damages, fees, penalties, or liabilities arising out of or relating in any way to the booking service, or the use of this Site, and/or content or information provided herein, including any loss of use, lost date, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other personal or pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the services or this Site is to stop using the booking service or this Site. You hereby acknowledge that this paragraph shall apply to all content or information, product or services available through this Site.
Invalidity of Any Term or Condition
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any courts having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such a provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.