Mayfair Diagnostics offers exceptional experiences through specialized care
Through Mayfair Diagnostics’ community-based private MRI services, patients receive high-quality imaging paralleling that in the hospital, but with easier access. Mayfair’s very experienced staff includes highly qualified technologists and support staff, and specialized radiologists who interpret the images. We’ve been providing MRI services in Calgary for over 20 years.
Mayfair Diagnostics’ team of radiologists has sub-specialty expertise in neuroradiology, body, cardiac/chest, breast and musculoskeletal (MSK) imaging, to name a few. As imaging technology and techniques evolve, sub-specialized interpretation ensures that patients receive a thorough diagnosis, allowing them to save time and focus on treatment options. Often this puts patients on the path to recovery quicker.
Having 1.5T and 3T magnet strengths provides greater options to use MRI to more specifically meet the imaging needs of various medical conditions. While a 3T MRI can provide more information for a diagnosis, not all patients will benefit from imaging performed at this strength and in that case the 1.5T becomes a more appropriate option. A patient’s medical and family history, risk factors, type and duration of symptoms, and body part of concern will affect the decision on which type of imaging is most appropriate.
Mayfair leading-edge MRI services provide:
- Option for enhance imaging of joints and pelvic area – The highly sensitive diagnostic information that 3T imaging can provide for the prostate can be very helpful in determining the management of prostate-related disease.
- Fast and accurate reporting, usually by the next business day.
- Complimentary copy of images (CD or USB drive).
- Environment designed for patient comfort.
State-of-the-art technology for an accurate diagnosis
Our advanced MRI services includes two magnets from GE Healthcare: the Optima* MR450w 1.5T and the Signa Architect 3T. Both systems are designed to maximize comfort and deliver uncompromised imaging capability. Their features include:
- A 70 centimetre, wide bore opening for increased comfort while minimizing anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Accommodation of patients up to 500 pounds.
- Air coil technology that allows the coils to more comfortably conform to the patient’s anatomy.
- An adjustable table which lowers 68 centimetres and can completely detach, allowing patients with mobility issues to transfer directly to the table outside the MRI room.
- Comfortable cushions to alleviate pressure points and coils that are less restrictive and contour to the body.
- Head or feet-first imaging for any exam.
- SILENT Scan software that helps reduce noise by up to 99 percent.
- Advanced motion correction that allows you to breathe freely during most of your exam, except where breath hold imaging is required.
Signa Architect 3T photo courtesy of GE Healthcare