CONFIRMING PREGNANCY STATUS PRIOR TO MEDICAL IMAGING
For any medical imaging exam that uses radiation, women between the ages of 11-55 will be asked about the possibility of pregnancy. A pregnancy consent form will be filled out to verify that there is no chance of pregnancy. If there is a chance of pregnancy for these exams, please take a pregnancy test before you arrive. You could be asked to defer your exam if there is a question about your status.
Below are the questions we will ask you for the consent form to verify your status:
- I am or I could be pregnant. (Yes, No, I don’t know)
- Start date of my last menstrual period: __________
- I am confident that I am not pregnant because:
- I am using contraceptive methods (pill, IUD, condoms, etc.).
- I have not been sexually active since my last menstrual cycle.
- I have had a tubal ligation or hysterectomy.
- My partner has had a vasectomy.
- I am postmenopausal (no menstrual cycle for over a year).
- I have not (or do not) engage in sexual activity that can lead to pregnancy.
- Other: ____________