UPDATES AS OF MARCH 24, 2020
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this challenging time. Although we’ve had to reduce the number of clinics available, we want you to know that we remain committed to your imaging needs and safety. The changes that we have instituted are aimed at ensuring the safety of our patients and our employees, and to keeping our communities as healthy as possible.
Temporary clinic closures and hours changes
Mayfair Diagnostics has temporarily closed all but five clinics in Calgary. Our Castleridge, Market Mall, Mayfair Place, and Sunpark clinics are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday. Our South Calgary Health X-ray-only clinic is open from 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday to Sunday.
To minimize their risk of exposure to COVID-19, we will be reserving certain exam times (including walk-in X-ray) for vulnerable patients.
Vulnerable patient exam times:
- Castleridge and Mayfair Place – 7:30 to 9 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams including walk-in X-ray)
- Sunpark – 7:30 to 9 a.m., Monday to Friday (all exams except X-ray)
- Market Mall – 8 to 9:30 a.m., Monday to Friday
Due to a reduction in services, the Regina clinic's hours are now 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please note that Regina Centre Crossing has instituted safety precautions for COVID-19 for patients accessing the Mayfair Diagnostics clinic. Mayfair patients must park in Parking Lot G (parking is now free), which is designated for patients without symptoms or a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. To enter the building, patients must use the northeast entrance and ring the buzzer labelled Mayfair - our clinic is straight ahead down the hall.
Our Contact Centre hours have also changed. Our booking team is now available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday. The Contact Centre is closed on Saturdays until further notice.
Temporary service changes
In Alberta, the majority of our services remain available at the above clinics. Please call us at 1-855-611-2665 if you have questions about your exam or our services in general.
Please note that we are following the guidance of the Canadian Association of Radiologists and Alberta Society of Radiologists and are no longer booking appointments for automated breast ultrasound, bone mineral densitometry, and screening mammography exams. Patients already scheduled for these exams have been contacted. These exams help look for potential health concerns, and as such can be delayed to help blunt the spread of COVID-19. Diagnostic exams aimed at identifying a current health concern will continue to be performed.
In Alberta, we are also no longer booking pain therapy appointments. We have made this decision in the interest of patient and community safety, because the injection of cortisone can weaken the immune system of patients and may increase their susceptibility to viruses. Patients already scheduled for these exams have been contacted.
Our Regina clinic is no longer providing walk-in X-ray services until further notice. Urgent X-ray services are still available when pre-booked by a referrer. Ultrasound services are available, but for essential services only. All private and public MRI services are no longer available until further notice.
Other safety measures
As we face COVID-19, it is imperative that we all contribute to keeping our communities as healthy as possible. For this reason, we ask that if you are unwell prior to your appointment, please email us with details of your booking to cancel. You will receive an email from Mayfair confirming your cancellation. Alternatively, you can call 1-866-611-2665 to speak with a member of our booking team. You may receive a call from us prior to your exam to ask a few screening questions about risk of COVID-19.
Appointments can be rebooked 24 hours after your symptoms disappear or 14 days after self-isolation begins, whichever is later. As we have closed a number of our clinics, you may wish to wait to rebook.
What to expect at your appointment
We have instituted a screening process, in both Alberta and Saskatchewan, for when you arrive for your appointment. This process applies until further notice for all exams performed at Mayfair Diagnostics clinics, whether or not you have already undergone screening at another health care facility. Please refer to the section below for more information about the screening questions.
We maintain safe social distancing within our clinics, providing an option for patients to wait outside the clinic after they have checked in for their appointment. At this time, we are limiting admittance of individuals to our clinics. We ask that only the patient attend the appointment. The waiting rooms during this time are for patients only, with the following exceptions:
- If you have mobility issues, your companion will be allowed to accompany you during the registration process. They will then be required to leave the clinic and wait for you outside the clinic, until after the exam is complete.
- If you are having an obstetrical exam performed, one other person may accompany you only if they are not experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 and do not answer yes to the other screening questions.
Patient screening questions:
- Do you have a fever and/or new onset of cough?
- Do you have new difficulty breathing?
- Have you travelled anywhere outside of Canada in the 14 days prior to noticing your symptoms?
- Have you had close contact* with someone with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to noticing your symptoms?
- Have you had close contact* with a person with acute respiratory illness who has travelled anywhere outside of Canada within the last 14 days before their illness?
- Have you had any other potential specific risk of exposure to COVID-19 (e.g., face-to-face contact with someone who should have been under self-isolation)?
* Close contact is defined as:
- Providing care or other similar close physical contact for an individual, including health care workers, family members or other caregivers, without consistent and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- Living with or otherwise having close prolonged contact (within two metres) with an individual while the person was infectious.
- Having direct contact with infectious bodily fluids of an individual (e.g. was coughed or sneezed on) while not wearing recommended personal protective equipment.
We have put in place comprehensive infection control processes at all our clinics for the safety of our patients, and you will still receive the same high-quality service at your appointment. Our protocols have been introduced to limit the spread of the virus in accordance with the most recent public health recommendations. Mayfair is actively monitoring information from the Public Health Agency of Canada, provincial governments, Alberta Health Services and the Saskatchewan Health Authority, and will continue to do so in the days ahead.
A NOTE ABOUT SELF-ISOLATION
If you have recently returned from travel outside Canada, or have symptoms (cough, fever, fatigue, or difficulty breathing), you are encouraged to stay home – do NOT go to an emergency room or medical clinic.
To see if you need COVID-19 testing, Alberta and Saskatchewan provincial health recommendations advise that you first use their self-assessment tools, before contacting their health lines.
- Alberta Health Services assessment tool
- Alberta Health Link (811)
- Saskatchewan Health Authority assessment tool
- Saskatchewan HealthLine (811)
Additional community resources
For information about community resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the following websites: